You know what? There is one major problem with all the iPhones. They do not support expandable storage.
It’s not just me but almost every iPhone user, at some point, wished that their iPhone had a bit more space or, even better, an expandable storage.
Hoping for expandable storage is useless. But, we can definitely do something to get more storage space on our iPhones.
The first step towards getting some more storage space on iPhone is deleting useless apps, files, images, audios or videos.
Also Read: How to Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone
When we think about deleting something to free up space on our device, the first thing that comes to our mind is APPS!
It is always a good idea to get rid of those apps which you don’t use anymore. It’s even a better idea to uninstall games which we don’t play anymore.
If we don’t use them, that means they are unnecessarily eating up space on our iPhones.
It’s time that we delete those apps.
It’s time that we uninstall those games.
But how? How to delete apps on iPhone?
Let’s get started.
How to Delete Apps on iPhone?
There are two – simple and easy – ways to uninstall or delete an app from iPhone.
And they are:
1. By Holding the App Icon
This method of deleting an app on iPhone is very basic. Here’s what you’ve got to do:
- Hold the app icon of the app which you want to delete.
If you are using iPhone 6S or later models, just make sure that your hold is not too firm. It will count as 3D Touch and will open up additional options for that particular app.
- After holding the app icon for a second, you’ll see that all of the apps on the home screen will start trembling. You’ll also see a little ‘X’ on the top-left of every icon. Tap on that X.
Note that some of the app icons will miss that X button. That’s because those apps are default iOS apps and cannot be deleted.
- After tapping on the X, a small dialog box will come up in the middle of the screen. Tap on Delete to confirm.
And that’s it. The app and all of its data will be deleted from your iPhone.
2. Deleting an App from the Settings
Apart from the above method, there is one another way to uninstall apps from iPhone. From the Settings.
Here’s how you can delete apps from iPhone’s Settings:
- Open the Settings of your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on General.
- Find iPhone Storage and tap on it.
- Just wait for a few seconds till your device calculates the space taken by each app. Once it’s done, tap on the app which you want to delete.
- At the bottom of the next screen, you’ll find red ‘Delete App’ button.
- A small dialog box will open up to confirm the deletion. Tap on Delete App.
Currently, these are the only methods to delete apps on your iPhone. There was a way with iTunes but with a recent update, Apple has removed the ‘Apps’ section of the iTunes. So it is no longer possible to delete apps using iTunes.
However, there is one exception. In case you are still using the older version of iTunes, i.e before iTunes 12.7, you still have a chance to delete apps from iTunes.
Do you know of any other method of deleting apps on iPhone which works for you? Let me know in the comments and I’ll add it to the list.
And don’t forget to share this article with your friends and colleagues on your Social Networks.